Our Lutheran School History

Cross Lutheran School Timeline

1881: Our original church served as the school with classes taught by Pastor John Rabe

1896: New school building constructed, currently serves as youth center

1920: Pastor Clamor F. Fuelling takes over for Pastor John Rabe after 39 years of teaching

1929: A two room brick schoolhouse was built

1931: New school building constructed

1934: The depression resulted in Cross releasing the staff teacher and Pastor Reinhold H. Bekemeier took over this post

1937: Vicars and students were employed to take over teaching duties

1941: The congregation called on a permanent teacher

1967: Gym, classrooms and offices added to school

1980: Large addition of classrooms added to school’s south side

1991: Dedication of the new church and school

1999: New gym, classrooms, library, computer labs, offices and auditorium space constructed

Our Principals

1881—1920 Pastor John Rabe

1920—1929 Pastor Clamor F. Fuelling

1929—1934 James A. Strayer

1943—1945 O. C. Tinner

1945—1949 G. F. Klammer

1959—1963 Marvin Hoech

1963—1965 Judi (Klenz) Behrens

1964—1968 Clint O. Haertling

1969—1973 John Wacker

1974—1977 Harlan Limmer

1977—1982 Ron Friedrich

1983—1986 Richard Lutze

1986—Present Susan Lopez

Our Principals

1881—1920 Pastor John Rabe

1920—1929 Pastor Clamor F. Fuelling

1929—1934 James A. Strayer

1943—1945 O. C. Tinner

1945—1949 G. F. Klammer

1959—1963 Marvin Hoech

1963—1965 Judi (Klenz) Behrens

1964—1968 Clint O. Haertling

1969—1973 John Wacker

1974—1977 Harlan Limmer

1977—1982 Ron Friedrich

1983—1986 Richard Lutze

1986—Present Susan Lopez