Cross Lutheran Ministries"Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another."
Cross Lutheran strongly recommends people to get involved with small groups, we feel it is vital to walk with the Lord. For information on any of these groups please call the Church office at 630-553-7335
Promiseland Sunday School! Make it your childs best hour all week.
Promiseland Sunday School is a child-targeted childrens ministry offered every Sunday at Cross Lutheran Church from 9:00 am to 10:45 am.
9:00 - 9:15 (Registration)
9:15 9:30 (Music Time)
9:30 10:00 (Large Group Activity Time)
10:00 10:30 (Small Group Learning Time)
10:30 - 10:45 (Music and Wrap Up)
In Promiseland, the Bible is creatively taught and expressed. The Bibles truths are presented in relevant ways. It is a pace where shepherding children is intentional. Kids are safe to be who they are, and ask questions. It is a place where discovering Gods truth is FUN!
Come join us! Come join us! Please call Debbie Heibel for further information at 630-385-8144. Or contact her via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Church Nursery
The Nursery at Cross - serving children from birth to four years old and their parents.
The church nursery is open and staffed for all weekend services and on Wednesday Evenings for Wednesday Nights at Cross. The nursery ministry exists to serve and show Gods love to children from birth to age four and their parents. Parents with small children are encouraged to visit the nursery that is conveniently located to the left of the sanctuary as you enter the main doors to the church. If you have any questions about the nursery please contact Alicia Gauss at 630/385-8147 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Back to top
The mission or task which our Lord Jesus Christ has given every church is to make disciples of all nations by the power of the Holy Spirit: Jesus said, All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. So wherever you go, make disciples of all nations: Baptize them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Teach them to do everything I have commanded you. And remember that I am always with you until the end of time. (Gods Word translation).) Trusting in His promise and lovingly responding to His assignment to us, we at Cross are carrying out that mission by His power.
Our experience at Cross has consistently been that we gain far more than we give by our involvement in the Lords mission outside ourselves.
The purpose of the Prayer Ministry at Cross is to provide time, space, and assistance for those who would like to affect their lives through prayer. Prayer is the way we communicate with God and it unleashes His power in our lives. You are encouraged to . . .Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances for this is Gods will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
- PRAYER REQUESTS: You may send us your prayer requests via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also place your prayer requests, praises, and thanksgivings in the Prayer Requests box outside of the Chapel. Our Prayer Ministry team will send out these requests to our prayer warriors on the E-Prayer Team. If there is an emergency, please contact the Church Office at 553-7335. As with all of our prayer ministries, complete confidentiality is maintained. They will only be shared, after discussing it with you, and you make the request that the prayer be made public in the Church Bulleting or in the weekend service prayers.
- SUNDAY MORNING PRAYER SUPPORT: Before, during, and after our worship services on Sunday morning,the Prayer Chapel is open for private prayer and meditation. Prayer ministers are also available to pray with and for you , before and after service. The Prayer Chapel is located down the corridor to the right as you enter the main church building.
- SPECIAL PRAYER EVENTS: Special prayer events are occasionally offered through the Prayer Ministry Team. These events might include Prayer Walks, Fast and Pray Days, Prayer Vigils, Prayer Breakfasts, Prayer Services, and the like. We invite your ideas as well as your participation in all such events. Watch the Special Events section of this site for details on upcoming prayer events.
Prayer is a way in which we minister to one another, give thanks and glory to God, and maintain our own relationship with Him. The only thing you need to be a Prayer Minister at Cross is a heart for others and a desire to share Gods love. If you are interested in becoming part of the Prayer Ministry Team you are encouraged to contact Cindy Voiland at email@example.com.
"The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:16
Back to top
- Choir Ministry - We are committed to serving God and enhancing worship through music. Choir members need to love to sing and be able to carry a tune. Meets weekly September thru May. Special music performances are presented at Christmas and in Spring. If you are interested contact Nathan Fisher, Director of Worship at 630/553-7335 ext 109.
- LWML - The Lutheran Womens Missionary League (LWML), with a membership of over 250,000, is the official womens organization of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. The LWML focuses on affirming each woman in her relationship with Christ to enable her to be in ministry among the people of the world. For 60 years the organization has been encouraging and equipping women to live out their Christian lives in active mission ministries and to financially support global missions.
The LWML focuses on:
- Richer Spiritual Living
- Global Awareness for Ministry
- Avenues for God-blessed Service
- Thrivent for Lutherans (Merging of Aid Association for Lutheran & Lutheran Brotherhood) - Their mission is "to bring Lutheran people together to pursue quality living through financial security, volunteer action and help for others." Local branches organize fund raisers and service days for people with special needs within the community; our local branch has supplied "matching funds" for various Cross Church fund raisers. Current branch secretary is Beth Thanepohn. Contact the church for more information at 630/553-7335.
Back to top
- Bible Study for Senior Women: Our ladies group is made up of mature ladies. Our sesssions are ususally in-depth studies of different books of the Bible or related topics. Our sharing, caring and love grows weekly as we all grow older and sometimes frail. We continue to be prayer partners for each other and Cross congregation thru the example of our leader for many years, Elsie Gilbert. Group meets Wednesday mornings from 9:30 - 11:30 AM in the Church Parlor at Cross.
- Bible Study for Seniors: Meets Friday afternoons from 1:00 2:30 PM in the Church Parlor at Cross. We have been using the Faith Lessons on the Promised Land series, but a new study will be starting soon.
Back to top
Back to top
Parish Nursing - Care MinistriesContact Karen Hardecopf, Director of Care Ministries
The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body. Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. In fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. I Corinthians 12:12-27
As part of the Pastoral Staff, the Director of Care Ministries has the privilege to serve in these areas:
- Confidential Hospital, Nursing Home, and Home visits
- Advocate for wholistic health (body, mind, and Spirit) - including resources and/or referrals
Care Ministries available - to aid and opportunities to serve:
Access these ministries through firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Church Office at (630) 553-7335.
- Bus Ministry-Transportation to Sunday Service for those in need in the Yorkville/Plano area
- Monthly blood pressure screening after services
- Friendly Hospital Visiting - stop in for a 3 minute hello from church family
- Friendly Visiting Ministry- monthly hour visit to a special someone
- Food Ministry - make and deliver a meal for people in crisis
- Food Pantry help make non-perishable food items available on site (kitchen cabinets)
- Hometouch Weekly Mailings - activity & devotional for seniors
- Church service CD deliveries help deliver the message to someone
- Handyman Ministry - people on call to help the widowed, single parents, elderly with minor home maintenance
- Transportation Team - be on call to drive people to appointments, treatments, therapy. Able to work around your schedule
- Project Connect/Lutheran Hour Brochures - donate money to purchase topical booklets which are available free to anyone (located by church doors)
- Stephen Ministry - one on one confidential ministry, trained Stephen Minister will meet with you weekly during crisis time in your life
- Comfort Blanket Ministry - soft blankets made and given to local hospitals to be used to share Gods Comfort; in baby intensive care units, obstetrics bereavement care for stillborn babies and miscarriages, for kids and adults nearing the end of life
- Meditation Time (at Heritage Woods Supportive Living & Hillside Nursing Home, Yorkville and Bickford home , Oswego)- sharing together Gods Word
- Monthly blood pressure screening - provided to the two Senior Housings in Yorkville
- Fellowship Worship special services with older adults within our church family and community
Back to top